Welcome to our 3ds Max beginner tutorials. Here you will learn 3D modeling, texturing, animation, UVW unwrapping, Vray and Mental Ray rendering.
Autodesk 3ds Max (Formerly named 3D Studio Max), is a 3D modeling computer graphics and animation software. Good for creating 3D models and applying textures and materials. It is used by game developers, TV and movie animation. 3ds Max is also good for rendering still 3D images.
Download 3ds Max trial here.
Check our awesome affiliates for hundreds of professional videos on 3ds Max and more!
Below is our growing list of 3ds Max modeling tutorials … check them out!
- Glass Vray Rendering Tutorial in 3ds Max In this 3ds Max tutorial, we will model and render a wine bottle and glass using a simple Vray Glass Material.
Vray is an alternative renderer to Mental Ray, and can produce very good results.
Some of the things you will learn:
* Modeling the wine bottle from a polygon, and using Bevel ...
- 3D Text tutorial in 3ds Max In this 3ds Max text tutorial, I will show you the basics of rendering a 3D text animation or a still image of a 3D text logo.
To create 3D text is very simple using 3ds Max. You can download the trial software for 30 days, and have plenty of time ...
- Clay render objects in 3ds Max When you’re just about finished a model in 3ds max, sometimes a quick clay rendering is needed.
You might need an early prototype for the model. A clay rendering is very fast (especially compared to Mental Ray or V-Ray, which can take a very long time to render).
To set a clay ...
- Car Rigging in 3ds Max Rigging 3ds Max models consists of preparing the moveable parts of the objects so they can be animated together.
In this tutorial, we will rig a car model in 3ds max to get it ready for animation. We will prepare the wheels for rotation and the body for roll, as well ...
- Vray for 3ds Max This Tutorial will show you how to use VRay for 3ds Max. With Vray, you can render awesome photo-realistic 3D images. It is an alternative to Mental Ray rendering.
You can download the Vray plugin for 3ds Max and other 3D software on the internet.
Vray is published by the Chaos Group Company.
- 3ds Max Tire Modeling Tutorial
…continued from the previous tutorial. This tutorial will show you how to model a tire in Autodesk 3ds Max. It is not hard either.
Creating the model in 3ds Max starts out as a Cylinder object, and is modeled in low polygon mode with tight edge loops. A TurboSmooth modifier ...
- Car Modeling in Autodesk 3ds Max Modeling a car in Autodesk 3ds Max is not as hard as you would think. This tutorial will teach you how. We start with the basics of 3D Car modeling. From setting up the background pictures, and modeling from Plane objects.
Just model a rough shape of the side of the ...
- Model a WWII Ball Turret in 3ds Max
Actually called the “Sperry Ball Turret”, it was used on B-17 and B-24 bombers of WWII.
This tutorial is on modeling the Ball Turret in 3ds Max. You will use background pictures as an aid while you model. You first create a low poly sphere. Then convert to Editable Poly and ...
- Preparing Background Images for Modeling in 3ds Max
This tutorial is for 3ds Max as well as any 3D modeling program. You will learn how to set up one, two, or three background images for your Modeling Projects.
There is a lot of material to download from the internet… just Google it.
It is easier to model from a background image, whether ...
- Texture Map (Diffuse, Normal, Specular) the German WII HO 229 Flying Wing in 3ds Max Part 1 … Part 2
In Part 2 of this 3ds Max tutorial, we will Texture Map the German WII HO 229 flying wing model, and use the Unwrap UVW modifier to lay out the surface areas of the model. Then render the layout to a PNG template to use in ...
If you like this page then share the news with your friends below. Thank you.