Tutorials >> Photoshop Tutorials
>> Adobe Photoshop 3D Text Tutorial
Golden 3D Text Effect in Photoshop
This tutorial will show you how to create 3D text in Photoshop. I will use my
own website name and turn it into a golden 3D text logo. This is easy to learn
using the tools available in Photoshop.
3D effects in Photoshop I will use include:
* Using Free Transform to angle the text.
* Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Down
Arrow to create 3D depth.
* Apply Color Dodge to add shine.
* Layer Style Effects to add more depth.
Watch the video or written
Designing a golden 3D
text logo in Adobe Photoshop
1. Make a new document and enter your text. I
used “Tutorial Bone Yard”. I used Arial as my font. Use #ad842d color for the
2. Keep selecting the text layer and go to
Edit > Free Transform or press Ctrl+T to
enter free transform mode. In the free transform toolbar, enter height value 50%
and horizontal angle -25º and then press Enter to confirm the
3. Now copy or duplicate the text layer. To
copy the text layer, select the layer then go to Layer > new >
Layer via copy or just press Ctrl+J.
4. Now drag the new layer under the original
text layer we had. With the new layer selected, go to Layer >
Rasterize > Type. Rasterize will convert the text layer into a
5. Now with the layer selected, select the
Move tool (from the tool pallet or by pressing
V). Now hold down Ctrl + Alt and press
Down Arrow many times. Every time you press down arrow, you’ll
get a new duplicate layer and your text will be 1px thicker. Keep pressing the
Down Arrow until you’re happy about the thickness.
6. Now select all the new layers together and
go to Layer > Merge Down or press
Ctrl + E. Now we have a single layer that holds the thickness
of our text.
7. Go to the original Text layer. Now select
the Color Dodge Tool from the layer pallet. Set
Fill to 50%. This will give a bright shine to the 3D text
giving more depth.
8. Now select the layer that holds the
thickness of the text (the copy layer). Use the Polygonal Lasso
Tool from the tool pallet and make selections shown below. We want to
add a glow to these areas for a shiny effect.
9. Click the copy layer. Now select
10. Inside each selection, brush in different
levels of brightness. Do this for all the letters in the copy layer. Adjust the Color Dodge fill in the
original text layer. The dull 3D text now comes to life below. It is now
shiny and golden as you see below.
11. Click the original text layer. On the menu,
go to Layer >> Layer Style >> Bevel and Emboss.
This will add a bit more depth.
12. Then go to the copy layer and add a
Layer Style, but just add a Dropshadow. Now
the 3D text stands out more.
Congratulations!! Your 3D golden text is completed.
Thanks for using our Photoshop tutorials!!
If you liked this tutorial,
please share with your friends:
You might like other Photoshop tutorials: