Tutorials >> Photoshop Tutorials
>> 3D Text
Golden 3D Text Photoshop Tutorial
Photoshop lesson is easy to learn using the tools available to you. I will show you how super easy it is to create 3D text in Photoshop.
I will use my own website name and turn it into a golden text logo as a simple example. You can then use the following techniques you learn in this tutorial to design your own logo, or for whatever you want. Just check the GIF above to see how we design text in 3D.
I used “Tutorial Bone Yard” because I wanted to make a logo design, but that is just one thing you can do with 3D text. So get creative!
Also, do not be intimidated by the size of the text in this tutorial. You can make your designs as big or small as you like too. I used a large size for demonstration purposes to make it easier for you to visualize 3D text.
Here are some of the 3D effects in Photoshop I will be using:
* Type in your text (any size you want).
* Then use Free Transform to angle your text.
* Learn to Rasterize text layers for pixel editing
* Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Down
Arrow to create 3D depth.
* Apply some Color Dodge in certain areas to add shine.
* Add Bevel and Emboss for more depth.
* For even more depth add a Drop Shadow.
Watch the video:
Here is the final that I created in about 30 minutes. Keep reading to see how I did all this.
Design a simple golden logo in Adobe Photoshop
So, let us start designing a golden 3D text Photoshop logo (or for any purpose you desire):
1. Open any version of Photoshop, and make a new document and enter your text. I used Arial as my font. Use #ad842d color for the
2. Keep selecting the text layer and go to
Edit > Free Transform or press Ctrl+T to
enter free transform mode. In the free transform toolbar, enter height value 50%
and horizontal angle -25º and then press Enter to confirm the
3. Now copy or duplicate the text layer. To
copy the text layer, select the layer then go to Layer > new >
Layer via copy or just press Ctrl+J.
4. Now drag the new layer under the original
text layer we had. With the new layer selected, go to Layer >
Rasterize > Type. Rasterize will convert the text layer into a
5. Now with the layer selected, select the
Move tool (from the tool pallet or by pressing
V). Now hold down Ctrl + Alt and press
Down Arrow many times. Every time you press down arrow, you’ll
get a new duplicate layer and your text will be 1px thicker. Keep pressing the
Down Arrow until you’re happy about the thickness.
6. Now select all the new layers together and
go to Layer > Merge Down or press
Ctrl + E. Now we have a single layer that holds the thickness
of our text.
7. Go to the original Text layer. Now select
the Color Dodge Tool from the layer pallet. Set
Fill to 50%. This will give a bright shine to the 3D text
giving more depth.
8. Now select the layer that holds the
thickness of the text (the copy layer). Use the Polygonal Lasso
Tool from the tool pallet and make selections shown below. We want to
add a glow to these areas for a shiny effect.
9. Click the copy layer. Now select
10. Inside each selection, brush in different
levels of brightness. Do this for all the letters in the copy layer. Adjust the Color Dodge fill in the original text layer. The dull 3D text now comes to life below. It is now
shiny and golden as you see below.
11. Click the original text layer. On the menu,
go to Layer >> Layer Style >> Bevel and Emboss.
This will add a bit more depth.
12. Then go to the copy layer and add a
Layer Style, but just add a Dropshadow. Now
the 3D text stands out more.
Congratulations!! Your Photoshop 3D text tutorial is complete. It was not that hard either. As you have seen, the effort that goes into 3D text using Photoshop was next to nothing.
Tweet, Recommend or give a thumbs up:
|Add this page to your Website, Blog, or Forum. Let your friends know about this tutorial:|
<a href="http://www.tutorialboneyard.com/Pages/photoshop_3D_text.aspx" target="_blank" >Photoshop_3D_Text </a>
Share this tutorial with your circle of friends:
You might like other Photoshop tutorials:
Please Add your Comments: